Sunday, March 9, 2014

embroidery in the air

I have been getting the embroidery itch lately! I have numerous cross stitch projects going, but for the last few days, I have been drawn towards embroidery.

I purchased Jessica Marquez's hand embroidery class on Craftsy, watched it in its entirety and got the bug to make samplers! I really enjoyed her class and having each stitch illustrated clearly through video was such a great a help. I definitely recommend it to any beginners (and anyone else wanting a refresher course). I also waited until the class went on sale. :)

Another great embroidery website I found with lots of video stitch tutorials is Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread. I am still on the look out for inspiring and fun embroidery websites/blogs. Feel free to share any suggestions in the comments. I also follow &Stitchesfeeling stitchyhey porkchop! (co-founder of Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery-love them!); wild olive (I am currently signed up for her Spring Stitching Club); Button, button; Carina's Craftblog; and Mr X Stitch.

I thought I would put up a few pictures of what I have been working on, but I just realized I don't have a way to access my pictures at the moment. So I will be back tomorrow (or later today) to post some pics!

Have a great day everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment