Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday!

Since this is my first Wednesday on the blog, I thought I would join in the fun of WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

Please forgive the first few photos...they are instagram photos from a couple of weeks ago. I am working on three baby quilts for my sister and her partner. They are expecting triplets! I still need to sandwich the quilts and do the actual quilting, but here are some snippets of the tops.



They are each a different pattern, but use a number of the same fabrics to tie them together. I also wanted them to be somewhat gender-neutral, since we don't know the sex of the babies yet. :)

This next quilt is a personal project. I decided to make myself a new couch quilt, for chilly Maine nights. I started out wanting to just piece scraps together, with no direction or pattern. Then I decided to start using up some orphan blocks I had on hand. I am loving the way it is coming along! I need to add another few rows to the top and then I can start the finishing process.



Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! i am definitely loving it...sometimes though i have to shake my head. it is a crazy quilt! but it is also cool, because i get to revisit a bunch of fabric and remember what i made with each one.

      Delete