Friday, March 14, 2014

some friday pretty

I don't have much to say today. Plugging away on a bunch of projects. I have quilts I need to finish, but I keep just wanting to embroider! So, I thought I would share a few photos of what I worked on for the last couple of nights.

This is a small (6.5in x 4.5in) sampler of crewel fill stitches. I am following along with Julie from Button, button. The following few pics are of the first fill pattern. I am using 3 colors of Appleton Wool. I changed the pattern slightly...instead of a french knot in every center, I alternated with crosses. My long "grid" stitches need a little work, but I really enjoyed stitching this first part and can't wait for the next installment.





I recently bought some strings of beads that were on clearance at Joann's because I fell in love with the colors and thought they would make a striking quilt. I opened a picture of the beads in Photoshop Elements and picked out the five colors to make a palette. Here is the photo I made from that.


Using my Kona cotton solids color card, these are the closest equivalents (in my mind) for the colors I pulled out of the picture (in order from top to bottom): Tulip; No close match to the pink; Coral (Lipstick might work if you are looking for more of a red); Turquoise (Lagoon would probably work too); and Bone or Pale Flesh for the cream. For the pink...I would probably try Cerise or Pomegranate. Either would be interesting choices. I really want to make something with these colors. I think I will look around for a closer match of the pink. Any suggestions, please feel free to share in the comments!

I also picked up some cheap-o variegated floss to play around with while practicing stitches. It is a "tie-dye" type variegation. I took a couple of photos...just because. Enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment