Then I worked on a sampler of stitches that I chose as I went along. I used some gingham fabric I have
had in my stash (for a long time) and some cheap floss I had picked up quite awhile ago. I figured these would be materials I could use up and not worry about the cost. I definitely need to keep practicing!
Finally, I started sewing my Liberty of London hexies together. I have an idea for a project and if all goes according to plan, I hope to post a tutorial of sorts. I made these hexies from scrap fabric my husband got me for Christmas and was planning to use them in another project--until I realized the project I wanted to use them in required 1.5 inch hexies (and these are 1 inch).